Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring Craft Market


(First posted on 1000Markets blog on April 20, 2010)

I am pretty excited! I’ve been making things, art, stuff, my whole life. I’ve sold a few things here and there, but for the most part it’s all been for my own pleasure or I’ve given it away as gifts.

Last year I opened an Etsy shop and then moved my shop here, to 1000Markets. Now, for the first time EVER I’m going to have a table at a craft market! Well, half a table. I couldn’t bring myself to take the plunge and get a whole table. I didn’t have anything to sell until about a week ago.

You see, I’ve been busy with grad school. I also got a bit discourage with this Web site selling business. I’ve sold a few things, but not many. My career highlight was when I sold my mosaic jewelry box!! That was a big sale. Anyway, I started giving my stuff away as gifts – my old fall back. When I saw this spring market opportunity and the fact that I could get a HALF table! Well, I did a crazy thing and filled out the application, a month late even, and here I am frantically making jewelry!

1000Markets had revoked my selling privileges because I had been so lax in my duties as a vendor. I had to not only get busy making stuff to sell, but I felt I needed to get it all up on my Web site too! How can I be a credible vendor at a craft market with no Web site?? I have to have a business card with a URL!

With just under a month’s notice, here I am, back on the Web, back in business, and in my first spring craft market. If you're in the area, stop by:

Hosted by Flint Handmade ~ Downtown Flint, Michigan ~ May 1, 2010 ~ 10:00-3:00 ~ It's gonna be pretty darn cool! It always is!

No comments:

Post a Comment