Friday, September 11, 2009

Economics

I started class Tuesday night. It looks as though this will be a good class! What a relief! Economics is actually an interesting subject if you have a good instructor. My current instructor is funny, has good taste in books - even though he chose seven of them - and doesn't make math a part of his class. These are all important factors for me when I make a judgment on a faculty member.

Someone once told me that math and art are very similar. Since I hate math and love art - I disagree. That's an understatement. Since I am good at art, and break into a sweat, develop a rash, and hyperventilate when I have to do math, I disagree.

Economics is interesting because everyone wants money. How we go about getting it, losing it, and the fact that we dream about having it, runs our lives! I'm not saying that's a bad thing, it simply is. We share it, we steal it (that's bad), we spend it, we save it, we move it around. We think about it more than we think about sex. Think about it! It's true! When we don't have it we're ruined, when we get it, it ruins us.

Economics... good class.

No comments:

Post a Comment