Saturday, September 5, 2009

Moving on..



My last project, small but fun, was a complete set - necklace, earrings, and bracelet. I love the large hook shaped clasp. Big, long, and clunky is in!





My next project is going to be a mosaic on the top of this jewelry box! I'm excited about this one! I think I will log my progress on my blog. I'll let you know when I am frustrated, things are going
well, and of course when it's finished!









My first task will be to draw a design. I will also take the top right off of the box. It has small screws which I can carefully take out. This will protect the rest of the box from damage - especially from grout! I'll cover the bottom of the lid - mirror side - with newspaper and tape to protect it while I'm working.

This will be my Labor Day Weekend project since I start class on September 8. My fall semester class will be Economics and I had to purchase seven, yes "7" books for this class!! I may not be making much art during the fall semester... or at least large projects like this jewelry box!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to drop by and thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. You touched my heart!
    I checked out your profile and we have a lot in common regarding our tastes in music, movies, books, etc.
    I am also just starting to get into mosaics!
    Thank you again, and I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete