Thursday, August 13, 2009

Darn Masters Degree Anyway

Once again, that pesky degree I’m working toward has put my art on hold. I have to wait to work out my issues with ugly grout to take a final exam. Sigh. I do love school, but it does get in the way of other interests – so does housework. Stop by my house on any given day and you will find me either in my studio or sitting under a pile of books and my laptop, but most likely not vacuuming or doing dishes. Instead, my house is messy, my lawn needs to be mowed, and I have pickers growing amidst my roses. A pretty picture this does not paint. However, I make a point of inviting friends over, or holding a holiday or two at my home a few times a year, which forces me to do a deep cleaning. I suggest this tactic to anyone with many outside interests, lazy teenagers, and whose income will not support a maid service.

No comments:

Post a Comment