Monday, August 10, 2009

The Virtual Art Show

This new venture of putting my art out there for sale is quite exciting! The whole Etsy experience is exciting! I’m not trying to be an Etsy poster child – honest – it’s just that I’ve found this whole new world of artisans that I can visit right in my own home! I don’t have to physically go anywhere, yet I can visit the best art show/craft sale around! And, I can be a part of it for pennies! It’s amazing!

I have 18 photos in my little Etsy shop, but last night I put my first piece of mosaic work on my virtual store shelf. Don’t get me wrong, I think I’m a pretty good photographer even thought I know I have a lot to learn, but my real confidence is in other forms of medium. As I said in my last post, I am new at mosaics, and I have much more to learn, but I believe I am already better at mosaic work than photography. I also feel there is a bigger market for the kinds of things you can “make” rather than photos.

Keep your fingers crossed! I’ll have more items on my shelves soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment