Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Here We Go Again...

Well, I made it through the project with the falling pieces, and now I have a project I simply am not sure I like. I started out liking it. I started out quite impressed with myself and my wonderful gift for design, eye for color, and good fortune at being born with both. Until I grouted with a gawd awful color and the design idea I had may have turned out to be a huge mistake. Ugh. And to make things worse, while I was mixing the grout, that little voice in my head - you know the one - was whispering, "this is a bad color." But, the other voice in my head, my mom's voice, was whispering, "you've started mixing it, you can't waste it, you have to use it now." Sigh.

Honestly. It was about two tablespoons of grout. I could have thrown it out and no trees would have died, no animals would have suffered, no children would have starved, and I would have bought myself some time to rethink things. Now I have to work with what I have and try to salvage the situation. ...I know, I know... I said it myself, this could turn out to be a great piece because of my mistake! Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment