Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mini Art!

I've discovered something amazing! ATC - or Artist Trading Cards! Also called ACEO, or Art Cards, Editions, and Originals. I think they are the coolest thing since Panera Bread with free Wi Fi.

ATCs are 2.5" x 3.5" size pieces of original artwork for trading. Most of them are quite inexpensive, under $10, which means anyone can buy and collect pieces of fine art. That's right!! Even YOU can have a mini art gallery in your own home! Some of them are amazing! Truly.

As you know, I have just begun my journey back into making art. I've just finished my first three ATCs and they are okay... they don't live up to some of the others I've seen, but they are a start. I had a great time creating them, and since I believe with all of my heart that art is about the process, not the finished product, they are a success!

I've purchased my first two ATCs from other artists on Etsy, and I am anxiously awaiting their arrival! I can't wait to have my own little art gallery in my studio! Especially since I have, for the first time ever, a room in my house that is my own art studio (also a guestroom w/futon but what the heck).

No comments:

Post a Comment